I always enjoy reading Sinn Fein/IRA’s prognostications on the economy. “Provonomics” are always worth a laugh and they always live down to expectations;
- “A single economy for the island of Ireland would be good for prosperity, jobs and investment, Sinn Fein has claimed. Party president Gerry Adams called on the Irish and British governments to set a date for a border poll and let the people of Northern Ireland vote on a united Ireland. “Irish unity makes sense,” the Louth TD said in Dublin. “It makes political sense. It makes economic sense. It is in the best interests of the people of these islands.”
How interesting. The Republic of Ireland remains as financially bankrupt as Sinn Fein is morally bankrupt but through the unrelenting and blinkered prism of Provonomics all seems rosy.
However, I DO agree with Grizzly in but one regard. Let us HAVE a poll on whether the people of Northern Ireland wish to remain in the United Kingdom. Once they speak, and I believe tht they will deliver a resounding YES to that question; the following should happen;
1. Date of NEXT poll set for 2104. 100 years later
2. All Irish passports to be handed over.
3. All Tricolours to be banned
4. Union Flag to fly 365 days a year over ALL British government buildings.
That sounds fair to me. Yes?