AT LEAST the French aren’t involved.
Since the government believes that even the ultimate defence of the British people – our nuclear arsenal – should be produced and maintained by foreign, private corporations, it can no longer pretend that anything ought to be provided by the State.
Twenty six years since he walked in Red Army Faction terrorist Christian Klar walked out of prison Friday. He was sentenced to multiple “life” sentences and helped to lead a group of violent raving mad terrorists who killed over thirty people. He apparently has an apprenticeship with a major German theatre group who felt they need to provide him with the opportunity to return to society.
How do you say boycott in German?
Have to laugh at the latest bleating from the NI Poverty industry that one in three here could soon be living in “poverty”.
“The Northern Ireland Research and Statistics Agency (NIRSA) has revealed that a staggering 19% of homes — or around 323,000 households — were living below the 60% median income in 2006/2007. And the shocking news comes after unemployment levels hit a record 28-year high this week, with jobs being lost at a rate not seen since the height of the Troubles. There have also been reports of a massive rise in the number of people claiming jobless benefits, which has been driven by the continuing slowdown in the Northern Ireland’s economy, sparking redundancies across all sectors. Given the current economic downturn, Frances Dowds, director of the Anti-Poverty Network, said it was impossible to underplay the gravity of the situation. “People can’t eat, they can’t heat and they are living with debt on a day-to-day basis,” she said.”
What nonsense. The Anti-Poverty Network should re-brand as the Anti-Reality network! The “relative poverty” concept is a scam – a leftist invention.The 60% of median income is a truly risible measure but it has the merit of providing a perpetual stick for the left to beat the drum for more State aid i.e more redistribution (theft) of wealth. There is NO poverty in Northern Ireland and these fatcats in the State-financed “Voluntary” sector should stop their pointless whingeing.
I see that Northern Ireland’s Education Minister Caitriona Ruana aka “The Ruanator” has been busy lavishing praise on a convicted IRA terrorist, hunger-striker Bobby Sands.
Pupils at St Colm’s High School, Twinbrook, were told they should be thankful that the hunger striker paved the way for a better future for them.
Now then, the key expression to bear in mind here is that what can one expect from a pig but a grunt? Ruane is unfit to hold ANY Ministerial office, of course, but for her to be in charge of our children’s education is akin to putting a fox in charge of a chicken coop. That she praises terrorists from an organisation that has murdered thousands is just one more example of the decadence of the alleged peace process. I have previously commented on the hunger strikers so prefer to focus just on the total inappropriateness of the Education Minister’s comments. She is an utter disgrace and her comments are the equivalent to a Nazi telling Jews they should be thankful for the Holocaust.
The hypocrisy of the government’s approach to recycling is laid bare in the news that household rubbish put out for recycling is being dumped in landfill sites or sent to incinerators by three out of four councils!
“Up to 200,000 tonnes of recyclable waste was dumped last year with some councils failing to recycle over 10 per cent of glass, paper, plastic and other materials left out by conscientious homeowners. The amount dumped this year is expected to rise sharply as councils struggle to sell recyclable waste during the economic downturn. The disclosure will anger millions of British families, many of whom are being forced to sort their waste into five different waste bins – including new “food slop” containers – to allow it to be recycled. Over the Christmas period families will generate more recycling waste from wrapping paper, bottles and cardboard packaging than at any other time of year. But with prices for recycled material falling, increasing volumes will end up dumped or destroyed. Under the Labour Government, councils have adopted increasingly controversial tactics to meet waste disposal guidelines, with half scrapping weekly bin collections to force people to recycle more. The Government is also pressing ahead with trials for new bin taxes in the Spring which will see fines levied on households which throw out too much rubbish.”
So, to summarise, we are taxed more and more and forced to recycle, then, once the waste is collected by local government, 75% of it is not recycled but put straight into landfill. What a waste!
So, Bush has bowed the knee to realpolitik and given $$$BILLIONS to the failing US automobile industry. What a futile gesture with tax-payers money. And now Gordon Brown – the man who has personally saved the universe – is about to follow suit with a bail out for the UK car industry, or so it is rumoured. The Trade Unions, Labour’s paymaster general, are agitating for this UK car industry bail-out “to protect jobs” but comsumer demand for cars has slumped and I am afraid that production will also be hit, badly. That means job losses and whilst I do not wish to see any person lose their job, nor am I willing to subsidise uneconomic employment. Trying to buck the system to sustain the unsustainable is just another pointless act from a political class without a clue.
Drowning in the Quicksand of their own bile over the lost election many conservatives are missing the opportunity here in the USA to actually land a punch. Bill Clinton, ex-President for sale, just released his donor list from his little foundation. Guess how much the Saudis and various other not so nice folks chipped in – millions and more millions- you betcha. He feels your cash. Bill and Hillary never, and I mean NEVER would have released this without her taking the cabinet position. It raises the question, should elected officials be able to trade on their former postions in this way, and even if they can legally, isn’t it wrong morally. Ain’t it just plain common?
Speech to the Third Army (1944)
- Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle. You are here today for three reasons. First, because you are here to defend your homes and your loved ones. Second, you are here for your own self respect, because you would not want to be anywhere else. Third, you are here because you are real men and all real men like to fight.
- Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American.
- Every man is scared in his first battle. If he says he’s not, he’s a liar. Some men are cowards but they fight the same as the brave men or they get the hell slammed out of them watching men fight who are just as scared as they are. The real hero is the man who fights even though he is scared. Some men get over their fright in a minute under fire. For some, it takes an hour. For some, it takes days. But a real man will never let his fear of death overpower his honor, his sense of duty to his country, and his innate manhood. Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best and it removes all that is base.
- Remember that the enemy is just as frightened as you are, and probably more so. They are not supermen.
- All through your Army careers, you men have bitched about what you call “chicken shit drilling”. That, like everything else in this Army, has a definite purpose. That purpose is alertness. Alertness must be bred into every soldier. I don’t give a fuck for a man who’s not always on his toes. You men are veterans or you wouldn’t be here. You are ready for what’s to come.
- There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did.
- An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don’t know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!
- We have the finest food, the finest equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. Why, by God, I actually pity those poor sons-of-bitches we’re going up against. By God, I do.
- My men don’t surrender. I don’t want to hear of any soldier under my command being captured unless he has been hit. Even if you are hit, you can still fight back.
- All of the real heroes are not storybook combat fighters, either. Every single man in this Army plays a vital role. Don’t ever let up. Don’t ever think that your job is unimportant. Every man has a job to do and he must do it. Every man is a vital link in the great chain.
- Each man must not think only of himself, but also of his buddy fighting beside him. We don’t want yellow cowards in this Army. They should be killed off like rats. If not, they will go home after this war and breed more cowards. The brave men will breed more brave men. Kill off the Goddamned cowards and we will have a nation of brave men.
- Don’t forget, you men don’t know that I’m here. No mention of that fact is to be made in any letters. The world is not supposed to know what the hell happened to me. I’m not supposed to be commanding this Army. I’m not even supposed to be here in England. Let the first bastards to find out be the Goddamned Germans. Some day I want to see them raise up on their piss-soaked hind legs and howl, “Jesus Christ, it’s the Goddamned Third Army again and that son-of-a-fucking-bitch Patton”.
- Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler. Just like I’d shoot a snake!
- When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a German will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don’t dig foxholes. I don’t want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don’t give the enemy time to dig one either. We’ll win this war, but we’ll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we’ve got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We’re going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You’ve got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it’s the blood and guts of what once was your best friend beside you, you’ll know what to do!
- I don’t want to get any messages saying, “I am holding my position.” We are not holding a Goddamned thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy’s balls. We are going to twist his balls and kick the living shit out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through him like crap through a goose; like shit through a tin horn!
- From time to time there will be some complaints that we are pushing our people too hard. I don’t give a good Goddamn about such complaints. I believe in the old and sound rule that an ounce of sweat will save a gallon of blood. The harder we push, the more Germans we will kill. The more Germans we kill, the fewer of our men will be killed. Pushing means fewer casualties. I want you all to remember that.
- There is one great thing that you men will all be able to say after this war is over and you are home once again. You may be thankful that twenty years from now when you are sitting by the fireplace with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what you did in the great World War II, you won’t have to cough, shift him to the other knee and say, “Well, your Granddaddy shoveled shit in Louisiana.” No, Sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say, “Son, your Granddaddy rode with the Great Third Army and a Son-of-a-Goddamned-Bitch named Georgie Patton!
Maybe this is The Jam’s greatest song, but then we might have to consider more evidence another time … Still, what a belter!