1 1 min 9 yrs

Reading the story about the unfortunate death of a holiday-maker in Northern Cyprus as a direct result of drinking from what she thought was a bottle of water. Unfortunately, the bottle had been used as a handy container for a highly toxic cleaning fluid by a member of the cleaning staff. Result was a very painful death for the lady who only wanted a refreshing swig of water.

It could happen to anyone; and it nearly did happen to me. I still can recall the taste as a tiny sip of what was supposed to be hot coffee reached my lips and tongue.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

One thought on “It could have been, and very nearly was.

  1. It could happen to anyone; and it nearly did happen to me. I still can recall the taste as a tiny sip of what was supposed to be hot coffee reached my lips and tongue.

    I can vouch for that, I was visiting an Automotive plant in Central Europe, and chucked my Cents into a vending machine, which by coincidence had just been re-filled/serviced, took one sip of the coffee, and spent the next few minutes throwing up all over the shop, cleaning fluid had been left in the machine, in Automotive speak, it could or should have been booked down as a ‘near miss’ It still makes me shudder.

    Poor women, I can only imagine the pain she went through.

Comments are closed.