The sheeple who think Stormont makes any real difference to their lives MIGHT want to reflect on this financial auditing news of the great and the not so good ;
- Health trusts and education boards are failing to pay half their bills on time.
- £1.1m paid to staff at five education boards relating to work for which fees weren’t legally required.
- A controversial land deal which saw a site bought for £9.7m by a housing association — on the same day it was sold for £6.5m.
- £400,000 spent by Ilex on projects without proper approval.
- Stormont’s top department, OFMDFM, spent £1.6m on the Maze/Long Kesh project despite approval being rescinded.
- Benefit fraud and error costing almost £54m, with customer fraud soaring by 45% to £22m in 2011.
Thank goodness we have OUR incompetents wasting OUR cash, right? Baaaaaaaa..