copy of a letter to my MP:-
Dear Roberta Blackman-Woods,
I write in connection with the reported voting fraud in Tower Hamlets, and would wish to address several questions to the Home Secretary
• Why have all enquiries known about so far resulted in no prosecutions whatsoever in the field of electoral fraud or ‘personation’?
• Why have the police not instituted, despite documented evidence, enquiries leading to prosecutions in this matter?
• Why have polling stations in the Tower Hamlets area not been freed of voter intimidation as alleged on the blogsite; as well as the arrest of any person deemed to be harassing a prospective female voter on the grounds of ‘not being modestly dressed’?
• May I also enquire, through your office as my M.P., why the Electoral Commission has not been directed by the Home Office to institute a thorough and all-encompassing enquiry into the allegations of fraud within the Tower Hamlets area?
• Finally, will you ask the Home Secretary if any Police actions or investigations have been curtailed because of ‘cultural awareness’?.
If such questions can be asked within the House of Commons, or alternatively by written questions, I, as well as many, many others, would agree that true democracy is being served!
Well, one out of five, even at a distance, isn’t too bad!