Now the joyHome by Patrick Van Roy March 30, 2018 49 1 min 4 yrs Tweet One play then one movie universally encapsulates the 70s capturing it’s heart, soul, and questioning Happy Easter Click to rate this post![Total: 0 Average: 0] ATW Post navigation Previous postNext post 49 thoughts on “Now the joy” https://youtu.be/Ep9Vzb6R_58 another classic musical harri https://youtu.be/MIaORknS1Dk Still makes me laugh, and pretty much sums up my view on religion. Er, told you so… 😏 World’s CHRISTIANS in turmoil as Pope ‘admits HELL DOES NOT EXIST’ MILLIONS of Christians across the world had their faith shaken to its foundations after reports the Pope admitted HELL DOES NOT EXIST and that bad people simply cease to be. By JOHN THALASSITES https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939303/christians-turmoil-pope-hell-does-not-exist But what does exist, is the “fear of God”. You can blame your parents and the church for that one. Bad people cease to be, Good people cease to be, we all return to dust. There is no afterlife. The Pope is beginning to get it. 😉 Colm. Precisely. All religion is medieval voodoo. In the spirit of the day it is I’m going out to get hammered. Paul Good man. Shorts all-round it is then!. 😀 I have seen demons and I have witnessed miracles. I know there is a god and I know there are powers greater than ourselves that we align with by our choices. My Faith can not be shaken the post below is my declaration. get Hammered Paul…. but don’t get crucified Patrick Van Roy, on March 30th, 2018 at 1:36 PM Said: get Hammered Paul…. but don’t get crucified ? You are not obviously on PAYE are you. Those that are, get crucified every month. 😏 “Jesus saves” Maybe, but not paying PAYE he wouldn’t. Oh stop whinging Harri, I am on PAYE and I don’t feel crucified. It’s more like being tickled with an annoying feather 😉 here ya go Harri Colm 40% tax, and 13% NI = 53%. 😨 On those tax rates You’re a richer man than me Harri . You got nuffink to complain about 😉 The thing that sticks in my mind, when this show came out is that every kid in our school used to sing: Jesus Christ, superstar, Wears frilly knickers and a Playtex bra. You don’t wanna know 70s West Belfast words Dave…… Paul. You’ve piqued my interest. I feel a, (probably fruitless), internet search coming on. ♫ ♬ Jesus Christ, superstar, How many Paras have you shot so far? One thousand and one, with a Tompson Gun Two were lucky and they got it in the bum’ ♫ ♬ Not wishing to pay tax is the most immoral, selfish, impulse imaginable. When the state earn more out of anyone’s salary than the person actually working a living for it. There’s a problem. Ah, thank you Paul. It’s not as bad as I imagined. 😁 Not necessarily It depends on what you and your family get back Do you get public roads, mass transit, public education, police, fire, military, health care / health economic security, a pension for you and your wife? Is there a public library in your town? If you lost your job, would you be protected by any unemployment system? If the benefits were very good, paying more than 50% of the income would be entirely acceptable, much more acceptable than a system where the tax was 10% but where there were no services. but where there were no services Such as the US, where significant numbers of people go into financial ruin over health care costs, a think very unlikely to happen in places like Canada or the UK. Harri Nobody pays more than 50%,of their gross salary in income tax and n.i. In the UK Well said Phantom. When or why did taxes become such a dirty word? I don’t mind paying significant taxes, so long as every dollar is spent wisely. Which isn’t always the case in the US/NY State and City by any means. But the idea that lower pr no tax is always better than higher tax is not well thought out at all. As with many things, the answer is ” it depends on the larger picture : I don’t mind paying significant taxes, so long as every dollar is spent wisely. I don’t think anyone is entirely happy with how their taxes are spent Phantom but on general principle I have absolutely no problem paying taxes whatsoever and feel that we get a reasonable return on our contribution. Colm, on March 30th, 2018 at 3:06 PM Said: Harri Nobody pays more than 50%,of their gross salary in income tax and n.i. In the UK Wrong!!! 40% plus 13% = 53%, leaving 47%. And that’s just direct tax. It would be interesting to do a study on which country does the best job at this. I will look around to see if there is a good study. But the ” all tax is theft ” or the equally dumb ” any tax should be paid without question ” views can take no proper part in such a conversation. For the right level of service, I’d pay 90 percent tax. Patrick Van Roy, on March 30th, 2018 at 1:35 PM Said: I have seen demons and I have witnessed miracles. No you haven’t, in reality you have witnessed, bad luck and good luck. Phantom. All tax is not theft, butehst they do take,needs to be spent far more wisely. On that we can all agree. Even raging Communists can’t disagree.. * what they do take For the right level of service, I’d pay 90 percent tax. ?? What?. All tax is not theft, butehst they do take,needs to be spent far more wisely I think all will agree H: I don’t think anyone is entirely happy with how their taxes are spent Phantom Harri You are wrong. You only pay 40% on the earnings over £35000 and there is an upper limit on the N.I. 12% rate then it falls to 2%. There is no 50% PAYE in the UK no matter how much your salary is. Go onto the tax calculations websites and do the maths or look at your latest monthly payslip. You will not be paying 50% of your gross earnings in income tax and N.I. Harri, on March 30th, 2018 at 3:33 PM Said: Edit Comment Patrick Van Roy, on March 30th, 2018 at 1:35 PM Said: I have seen demons and I have witnessed miracles. No you haven’t, in reality you have witnessed, bad luck and good luck. Wrong Harri I have worked with the addicted for 30 years and I have met real Demons and I witnessed True Miracles….. Harri, Nobody pays more than 50%,of their gross salary in income tax and n.i. In the UK Wrong!!! 40% plus 13% = 53%, leaving 47%. And that’s just direct tax. I eard an absolute fortune when I worked down South in IT, I was well into the 40% tax bracket. But I never ever paid half my salary in tax. I’m not sure this is possible under the current UK tax rules. Dave. You also paid National Insurance. That’s a tax. Then there’s Benefits in Kind, Tax on Company car. Tax on private mileage (11 pence per mi!e) Tax on company phone, private calls. Tax on share options. Tax on medical care. 1% Tax in NI2 not optional. 40% PAYE plus 12% NI plus 1% NI 2 = 53%. P!us Benefits in kind, private mileage, private calls tax, tax on company medical care, tax on share options, tax on company car. = Far more than 50% Take direct tax plus indirect tax. I bet you’re way into 70% ending up going to the state. And they still want more. In the US, individuals and families are subject to federal and very often state and local income taxes For a very high earner in NYC their incremental income tax rates would be 37% federal 8.8% state 3.8% city Social Security retirement / other tax is in addition to that. So it would be very possible for the incremental income of high earners in NYC and other places to pay 49.6% – damned near half – income tax on each new dollar earned above a certain amount. And that doesn’t include health care, which is an additional cost for working people. harri If you can use your company car on your own time, of course you pay tax on that, and should. That’s non cash income. Oh, and private mileage?. So, they are forcing someone to pay 11 pence a mile tax on fuel the company has already paid over 80% tax on per litre. Harri – And VAT. You didn’t mention VAT. Or taxes on fags and booze. For smokers and drinkers that’s enormous. The idea that that the average Briton has less than a half of their income confiscated by the state is risible. This is why I thoroughly encourage and endorse all forms of tax avoidance and evasion. It’s the moral choice. Pete. I did say direct tax and indirect tax together, are possible over 70%. Our council tax alone is now over 2k a year. And when you die.. The state takes your house if you are not seriously very careful. Wrong!!! 40% plus 13% = 53%, leaving 47%. And that’s just direct tax. You are wrong. You only pay 40% on the earnings over £35000 and there is an upper limit on the N.I. 12% rate then it falls to 2%. There is no 50% PAYE in the UK no matter how much your salary is. Go onto the tax calculations websites and do the maths or look at your latest monthly payslip. You will not be paying 50% of your gross earnings in income tax and N.I. Someone’s incorrect. Earnings over 35k is correct. But, your tax code, or the amount you can earn before tax is deducted, is greatly reduced by the company cast you drive, its CO2 emmisions, and a whole plethora of other benefits in kind. In my case, I can only earn 4k before the state think most of it belongs to them, and I am a married man with children. I have no problem say donating 20% of everything I earn for the state to piss up the wall (and huge amounts to the council in further tax) for them to piss up the wall as well. But when the state along with the council take most of it. There is a problem. Harri I thought you were just talking about PAYE and NI. Perhaps I misunderstood your original point. If you take all tax into account, then yes you may well be correct. More than half a person’s salary could easily go in tax. Comments are closed.