North Korea Foreign Ministry says talks with Pompeo ‘regrettable,’ accuses US of unilateral demands for denuclearization
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo journey to Pyongyang appears to have hit a snag, with a North Korean official calling his visit “regrettable.”
- The statement accused the U.S. of making unilateral demands.
North Korea says high-level talks with a U.S. delegation led by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were “regrettable” and has accused Washington of trying to unilaterally pressure the country into abandoning its nukes.
The statement by an unnamed North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman on Saturday came hours after Pompeo concluded two days of talks with North Korean officials led by Kim Yong Chol.
The statement says that the United States betrayed the spirit of last month’s summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by making unilateral demands on “CVID,” or the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea.
It says the outcome of the follow-up talks was “very concerning” because it has led to a “dangerous phase that might rattle our willingness for denuclearization that had been firm.”
The Dance starts anew as the Norks continue to spin their side of the negotiations as of course we shall spin our view of them. The issues however do not change.
Sanctions will remain, War Games can be scheduled tomorrow and aggressive action by the Norks can easily be answered by more than games. The U.S. has 3 Carrier Groups and two additional AirWings stationed in striking distance.
The Norks can dance all they want their position is a binary one. Disarm and join the World, or Fire Missiles and face the consequences.
The fact that those are the only two choices will not stop the dance however. The Norks will push, hem and haw, for as long as they can.
We hold our breaths and wait and see….. more than that there is nothing the people of the world can do, but before Trump leaves office it will get settled.